Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Social Media

Social Networks - Purple Dog Design

My online presence is surprisingly very low. For being a college student, you would think that I’m all over social media but in reality, I am not. I’m only on three social media apps, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat. Most of the pictures I post on Instagram are of me and my friends or wherever I travel to so everyone can see beautiful places and my gorgeous friends. Personally, I try not to post too much or make anyone jealous because I know social media has those negative impacts on people and their feelings about themselves. On my snapchat I like to post videos or pictures of what I did that day that was cool or interesting so everyone can see what’s going on in my life. Most the pictures are of my dog since he is so cute, and I want everyone to see him.
My Instagram and Twitter are both private so random people can’t see what I post unless they follow me or know someone that follows me that could show them. However, I don’t post anything private that I don’t want anyone knowing or anything bad or illegal that could get me in trouble. Social media has different effects on everyone and to some people it can make them lonely or depressed. This is difficult when others are just trying to share their experiences, but other people get jealous. Unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do but we can be kinder to everyone online. There’s no need to post hate or hurtful comments. Overall social media is convenient to see what friends are up to, but it can hurt people’s feelings as well, so we need to be conscientious of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment